Yes, This Will Be On the Test

Writing, Reading, Laughing

Saturday, April 26, 2014

W is for WIL WHEATON


Welcome to Yes, This Will Be On the Test.
Waving to visitors, new followers, and fellow A to Z participants. I’m sending virtual hugs to you all for taking a moment to stop by.

I’ll be sharing my “take-aways.” All those snigglets, golden nuggets, and lessons learned from other creative sources.




Wil Wheaton's response to a little girl on how to deal with being called a nerd.

On behalf of those of us who grew up hoping to one day be Astroboy's best friend or to travel in the Tardis with The Doctor - I thank you, Wil Wheaton.

TAKE AWAY:
What he said...

18 comments:

  1. Yay for Wil! I had such a crush on him when I was 12 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So completely awesome! Got a little teary eyed on this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was so right. People that do that are messed up, damaged, and negative, and they just want to make others feel what they feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to see that dynamic with my students. Since I'm the biggest nerd in the world, I can validate those kids.

      Delete
  5. I showed this clip to my 5th grade class. It was very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent advice and so well said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never paid attention to him in the ST: NG series, but I love him in the Big Bang Theory. I wish someone would do a psychological study of why children bully others. I bet it has something to do with pack dominance, or hormones, or sexual competition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never liked Wil Wheaton on TNG but I love his TableTop web series. He also did an amazing job narrating Ready Player One as an audiobook and I listen to that a lot. This little clip is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your choice for a W word. And also your choice of video clips :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone posted that on Facebook a week or so ago. Very inspiring. I'm one of many people who know Wil Wheaton from The Big Bang Theory. I didn't realize he was on Stand By Me until they mentioned it on the show! (He plays himself on The Big Bang Theory.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Wheaton has finally found the groove he unknowingly went in search of all those years ago. The ultimate nerd's nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember the first time I was called a nerd in my Confirmation class, I was so hurt but now I take it in my stride. I'm a nerd and proud!! Thankyou for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete