Yes, This Will Be On the Test

Writing, Reading, Laughing

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I is for IT'S ABOUT TIME


Welcome to Yes, This Will Be On the Test.
Waving to visitors, new followers, and fellow A to Z participants. I’m sending virtual hugs to you all for taking a moment to stop by.

I’ll be sharing my “take-aways.” All those snigglets, golden nuggets, and lessons learned from other creative sources.

Scroll down this link to find other wonderful A to Z participants.

I blame F Troop and this kooky series for starting my TV sitcom addiction. Not to mention my first actor crushes on those handsome astronauts.



I was completely taken with the premise of a space mission going awry and the astronauts ending up in prehistoric times.

Um - it could happen, right?



Ah, to go back in time to the glory days of high concept 1960's sitcoms. Hello, Gilligan.

The opening credits below are a trip - pun intended.



TAKE AWAY: 
Time travel stories are the ultimate mash ups.

What was your favorite sitcom as a kid?

13 comments:

  1. As a kid? I lived in England until I was 11 and we didn't have many sitcoms that I remember. The one I remember most was Mork and Mindy. But then we moved to the US and happy days. It was sitcom heaven. lol Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island were my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in the Facts of Life/Diff'rent Strokes era. I loved all of those sitcoms. I remember at one time my favorite show was Double Trouble, about twins. I think the show only lasted two seasons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie, I used to work at the same studio where they taped the Fact of Life. I saw the girls walk past everyday on their way to lunch.

      Delete
  3. LOL I've never heard of this show before, but now I want to watch it! Sadly, I don't think Netflix is gonna help me out there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I liked anything silly--anything that made me laugh, which was pretty much anything since my taste was anything but refined! Gilligan's Island was right up there as a had to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know this one. But I love F Troop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been forever since I've seen that show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just sang the Gilligan's Island song in my head!! My faves? Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, and I Love Lucy. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've ever seen it. Where was I when it was on?
    Favorite show as a kid - Wild, Wild West!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Cosby show when I was little. That was definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't remember watching many sitcoms but the one that I do remember the clearest is The Cosby Show. I know I watched some others before that. My parents loved sitcoms. And The Cosby Show came on when I was seven, so there are certainly more sitcoms in there.This is just the one that stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun hearing everyone's faves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems like an interesting show. I used to watch Flintstones as a kid and that got me interested in History!

    ReplyDelete