I survived the Yalitchat Pitch Slam. In fact, I actually am one of the finalists for my pitch of OVER THE DEEP FRIED RAINBOW. It took me about twenty-four hours to lift my jawbone off the pavement. I would like to officially apologize to my friend, Diane for whacking her in the arm a little too hard when I saw my name listed.
Congratulations to all my fellow finalists. Here’s a “Whoo – hoo” for all of you.
For anyone reading this, I’m not opposed to you dancing naked in the forest or partaking in any other Pagan ritual of good luck, good vibes, or good juju to support my chances in the final leg of my pitch slam journey.
And now for something completely different… (Yes, besides being a Star Wars and Lord of the Ring geek, I’m also a ridiculously devoted Monty Python fan.)
Thank you to C. Lee McKenzie over at the The Write Game for the Versatile Blogger award.
There’s a lot of responsibility with this award and I have a frightening amount of papers to grade so instead of naming specific blogs to pass the award to, I’d like to change up the equation.
Check out blogs I follow in my profile and find some new friends to visit.
Here are my 7 random facts:
- My Christmas tree is still up. It's a perpetual pine, but the cat still eats the needles and vomits.
- I’m trying to put my cat on a diet.
- Bugs don’t freak me out.
- My first car was that version of a Pinto that would explode if it was rear ended, yet my parents claim they weren't trying to off me.
- I’m tone deaf, so of course I love to sing at the top of my lungs.
- I believe David Tennant was the best Dr. Who ever.
- My southern roots cause me to use done as a helping verb on some occasions. Example: “I done finished the magazine in the outhouse.”
Have a kickin’ week.