Twenty-Six Days of Creative Inspiration
I admit it. I have an incurable obsession with any and all that is J.R.R. Tolkien’s THE LORD OF THE RINGS. Above all else this work inspired me to put pen to paper as a writer. It gave me permission to build fantastical worlds, set forth on adventures, and create swoonworthy heroes (Aragorn, not Frodo).
Confessions of a LORD OF THE RINGS addict:
- I immerse myself in the story every year by either reading the trilogy, listening to the audiobooks (appendices included – you haven’t lived until you’ve experienced the full story of Aragorn and Arwen), or watching the extended versions of all three films.
- I own a cardboard standee of Aragorn (Thank you Peter Jackson for casting Viggo Mortensen.)
- I still have nightmares about the Nazgul (Sauron I can deal with, but those nine riders FREAK ME OUT.)
- I play the LORD OF THE RINGS slot machines (I'm working on unlocking the Helm's Deep bonus.)
- I attended Trilogy Tuesday, December 16, 2003, and watched all three movies back to back in the theatre the day RETURN OF THE KING debuted (That’s a lot of popcorn. I’m on the left in the pic.)
Are you a Tolkien devotee?
Click on the Blogging From A to Z Challenge logo in the sidebar to access the links to all the superheroes participating in this blog hop.