Yes, This Will Be On the Test

Writing, Reading, Laughing

Sunday, September 17, 2017

A Writer Goes to Washington, D.C. - Part 3

And speaking of Hamilton...

The guy is all over D.C.


At Mount Vernon


Bureau of Engraving and Printing


The National Portrait Gallery


Couldn't resist

Isn't it amazing someone who was unfairly not much more than a mental footnote in our history lessons is now a super star!

There are HAMILTON clubs at junior high and high schools. Kids are drawing fan art of Alexander Hamilton and other characters from the show. I've heard raps ala HAMILTON on a myriad of historical figures by students who are invested in learning history. A must read is the amazing YA novel, Alex and Eliza, A Love Story by Melissa De La Cruz on our hero and his love. 

Alex and Eliza

I've been listening to the score since the day it came out. I do a really good George III.

In a few weeks, I will FINALLY get to experience the show.


History has its eyes on you, indeed!

Any other HAMILTON aficionados out there? Have you seen it? 

If you haven't seen the PBS special on the making of HAMILTON - you're in for a treat. 


6 comments:

  1. Go and enjoy! Everyone says it's a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, I can't wait. I feel a t-shirt purchase coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Hamilton rap? You gotta be kidding me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love this. Going to Cleveland tomorrow to see Shakespeare in Love. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie - I have friends who saw Shakespeare in Love at Utah Shakespeare Festival this summer and said it was great!

      Delete