We all have the dreaded “doncha hate…” moments. I’m sure you are familiar with those Defcon 5 high blood pressure situations that make us shriek to the skies for someone else to blame, even though we know we are completely at fault.
- · Doncha hate dropping your keys to the ground multiple times before you finally pick them up and unlock the door.
- · Doncha hate leaving slightly late for an appointment and hitting EVERY SINGLE RED LIGHT.
- · Doncha hate locking yourself out of the house – car – work.
- · Doncha hate dropping your clean pajamas on the dirtiest part of the bathroom floor before you have a chance to put them on.
- · Doncha hate totally blanking on your ATM pin code.
- · Doncha hate sticking your dirty dishes in the dishwasher with the clean ones.
- · Doncha hate putting on BLUE pants that you thought were BLACK.
- · Doncha hate leaving your lunch on the kitchen counter and knowing it will go bad by the time you can get home to rescue it.
- · Doncha hate walking downstairs without getting the thing you walked upstairs for in the first place.
These glitches in your otherwise perfect lives are not enemies, they’re friends. Maddening moments are one hundred percent authentic. Don’t let them win and claim your sanity. No, I say. Sentence them to a place in your stories thereby adding a subtle dusting of realism to characters and actions.
Seriously, I’ll bet even vampires drop their keys. What are some of your “Doncha hate…” moments?